The holiday rush always crystalizes my core beliefs about stylist success.
- The people who seem to do the impossible all got there the hard way.
- If you're waiting for directions, next steps, a path, or something to believe in from others, you'll wait forever. Just decide. Decide where you're going, start moving, and tell everyone around you. The path is something you'll only understand in hindsight.
- If you want to change your results you have to change your habits, and that is going to be uncomfortable. Discomfort means you're changing - congrats!
- Take everyone's feedback seriously, but listen hardest to those who make you feel more energetic.
- Nobody ever consistently met their R's (Rebooking, Recreate and Reinvent) without a little PRE-PLANNING. You want to change your book? Get to work 10 minutes early, look at your real time monitor and travelers, choose your 5 favorite products and make a game plan. I have never seen this fail.
- The second you feel dread about anything, stop and ask for help. You *never* need to feel dread. Hit pause, make a clear game plan and reach out to those who have the results and skills you want to acquire. Doing the work isn't easy but you can and should have fun the whole way, even if you fall asleep in your clothes every single night. ;)